Your Intranet Staff Directory
These days, a corporate directory has to do more than just list people's extension numbers. You need a system that is easy to administer and keep up-to-date. Your operators and receptionists have to be able to handle and forward calls efficiently. HR usually has the most information concerning staff but is unable to provide access to the HR database. Users or departments may have small amounts of information that they wish to share with colleagues.
Using Eclipse DQ, your organisation can overcome these challenges.
- In addition to its standard fields, you can create custom fields to tailor Eclipse DQ for your organisation and import data from other data silos, enabling you to offer a single consolidated view of the information.
- Keep directory information relevant; allow users to keep their own directory information updated. Fine-grained controls determine what information directory members can see and what information they can update.
- Easily populate the directory with data from Active Directory, LDAP and Eclipse CMS.
- Indicate associations between users and store address information and notes (including time based) on users within the directory
- Monitor directory usage via search, admin and system audit logs.
Eclipse DQ Features
Eclipse DQ will streamline your corporate directory and share more data amongst your staff. It is not just about finding an extension, it is about sharing LinkedIn profiles, Skype numbers, mobile numbers, project assignments, who's on call, first aider status, parking bay assignments, or any other information that benefits you by being shared.
Windows or Web Client
Choose between the Windows-based Admin and Operator console or the easy-to-deploy web portal. Eclipse DQ supports Windows Authentication for no fuss access.
Eclipse DQ is based on the industry-standard SQL and provides sub-second responses. Searches start as soon as the first character is typed and wildcards are supported.
Active Directory Import
Import users directly into DQ from Active Directory or other LDAP-based directory. The Import Wizard provides easy-to-follow steps.
Eclipse DQ can be used as a fully-integrated component within the Mitel 5550 Superconsole.
Customisable Corporate Directory
Define Your Own Searches & Fields
With Eclipse DQ, you can define how your searches are filtered and viewed, in addition to creating your own customised data fields to complement the standard set included with the software.
Define User Permissions
A hierarchy of user groups gives you complete flexibility to restrict the searches available to users, which departments they can see, which data can be viewed and which can be edited.
Import / Export Data
Disseminate your data, don't leave it in a silo. Pull data together from various sources so that it can be consolidated and presented in a single view.
In Eclipse DQ you can relate one user to other users. This is helpful if you want to create a link between a manager and a PA, or list the team members of a project.
Store useful or important notes about anything on a user that needs to be easily shared amongst their peers. Notes could include working hours or training achievements.
Eclipse DQ can also store copies of important company information, such as health and safety notices and company procedures like fire evacuation details.
Easy To Use Directory
Global Search Capability
Users benefit from a 'search engine-like' experience. Queries are automatically searched against an administrator-defined list of fields.
Pre-Populate Field Data
Search fields can be pre-populated with data that will quickly narrow, or intentionally limit, the results returned by that particular search.
Add coloured highlights to users in the search results when you need them to stand out from the crowd. For example, to indicate first aider status or their role as a sub-contractor.
Supports Shared Extensions
When extensions are used by more than one person, use flags to differentiate between who uses the extension the most and who is most likely to be reachable on the extension.
Secure Corporate Directory
Eclipse DQ offers total compliance by fully auditing the searches made, edits to records and system logins. You will always know what changes are being made to the system.
Implement password policies for standalone users to ensure that complex passwords are enforced and that access to the data is protected.
The following databases are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Server 2005 Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Server 2008 Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Server 2008 R2 Express
The Admin Console may be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003 & Server 2003 R2
- Server 2008 & Server 2008 R2
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 (R2), IIS 6.0 with ASP .NET v2.0 and v3.5
- Windows Server 2008 (R2), IIS 7.0 with ASP .NET role service installed; .NET Framework v3.5 or above
The following web clients are supported on client PCs:
- Internet Explorer version 7.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox browser version 3.0.6 or later
- Google Chrome version 11 or later